Newcomb Centers & Services is a union of students, faculty, and staff dedicated to creating a uniquely vibrant and engaging community experience at the University of Virginia. Our mission is to serve as the hub of community activity at the University, create a living laboratory for student self-governance, and provide world-class service to students, colleagues, and guests.
Five units in the Office of the Dean of Students work collaboratively to manage a diverse portfolio of programs, services, and facilities that support life on and around Grounds.
- Business Services & Operations
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Marketing Services
- Student Activities
- Technology & Innovation
Our vision is to become a model of practice in student self-governance, operational efficiency, and innovative thinking.
- Deliver excellence in student organization support, including the coordination of major events and programs.
- Support innovative use of facilities and technology.
- Advance student leadership development and engagement.
- Provide world class event planning services.
- Promote collaboration that improves the student and staff experience.